How Time Flies...

I can't believe it's been so long since my last update - so much has been going on! Find out more after the jump...

The new NPTC assessment schedules are in full force now, and I've personally been busy delivering the new CS30 (chainsaw maintenance and crosscutting), CS31 (small fell) and CS38 (climbing and aerial rescue) courses.

There's not too much difference with the CS30, or the CS31 for that matter, but the CS30 does now include a bit more information on problems with chain components (look out for an post on that soon), and bore cuts (I'm thinking that a video would be good for that?).

The CS31 now includes a little bit more on winching, but the big change is with the CS38 as that now includes spiking up a pole and carrying out pole rescues (and that means both 2-man and 3-man (belay) rescues).

So, I haven't forgotten about you - I've just been really busy, but I still have some plans to write a few more articles and might just also include some small fell material too...

No comments: